Database Errors

corylafferty

13 Sep, 2017 03:51 PM

Our site isn't functioning and I can't access the database from appharbor or anywhere else.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by rune on 13 Sep, 2017 05:36 PM

Hi,

It looks like there was some contention on the shared database server serving your database, which should've been mitigated since approximately 30 minutes ago. Have you experienced issues connecting to the database since then? I tried connecting to the server and didn't have any issues after the service was restarted, so let me know if the issue continues and you're still unable to connect to it from SSMS.

Generally speaking I'd highly recommend using a dedicated SQL Server database for production use - for instance by using Amazon RDS, which is very cost effective (starting at $15/month) and integrates well with AppHarbor apps (AppHarbor offers shared SQL server instances as well, but starts at a significantly higher price point). Performance and availability can and will at times be variable with the shared SQL server databases, and we don't recommend using it for production purposes for the same reason.

That being said, if the issue does crop up again you're more than welcome to reach out!

Best,

Rune

2. 2 Posted by jasonphillips on 18 Sep, 2017 09:16 PM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: Database Errors

More shared database problems for me as well

3. rune closed this discussion on 20 Sep, 2017 04:24 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac