Problem loading page

ecogreco

10 Aug, 2017 10:26 PM

I successfully loaded my project onto AppHarbor, but when ever I click on the link that says go to web application the site does not load. Instead the site gives me this "Problem loading site, and it give me this error message in the browser:

The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

I am confident I did everything right. I am wondering if there is anything wrong with my applcation that might be preventing this.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by rune on 11 Aug, 2017 05:42 AM

Hi,

Ok I'm not quite sure what the issue is, but the root URL for your application is returning an HTTP 302 redirect with location set to the URL of the application -- so that's why Firefox returns that error as the redirect will just continue happening.

I suspect it may be related to how the application redirects to HTTPS rather than HTTP as a request to the HTTP endpoint will redirect to HTTPS. Since AppHarbor terminates TLS as the load balancer level this might be because your app doesn't inspect the X-Forwarded-Proto header to determine if the page was accessed over HTTPS.

If that's the case I'd recommend you read the troubleshooting section in the certificate KB article here where there's also a link to an example implementation of the RequireHttpsAttribute that should work with MVC apps.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you continue to experience problems with this and I'll be happy to take a closer look!

Best,
    Rune

2. 2 Posted by ecogreco on 11 Aug, 2017 08:15 PM

Here is what I did I undid everything, and there is progress but now I am getting a "Welcome to Ngnix page. If that RequireHttpsAttribute is really required, exactly how I should implement it. I do apologize for continuing to ask, but this is the second application I have uploaded on here, so I am kind of new at this.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by rune on 13 Aug, 2017 04:45 PM

Hi,

I think the "Welcome to Nginx" page may just have been a temporary issue (which sometimes occur if you scale down to 0 workers, or it's a newly created app).I checked the one application on your account with this issue and saw the same issue as last time. If this is about an application that's not associated with your account it'd be great if you could let me know the name or URL so I can take a closer look.

The KB article I referenced links to an implementation of RequireHttpAttribute which you should be able to use as-is if you're using ASP.NET MVC - -here's a direct link for reference.

Best,
    Rune

4. 4 Posted by ecogreco on 13 Aug, 2017 05:24 PM

The actual url to my project is vidley.apphb.com. As of right now a whole new issue happened outside for App Harbor. I had to reinstall my entire operating system and the result is that I am having issues with my application. Of course this is out of your territory and I am currently working on this. I will keep you updated once I get that issue resolved, and I will also check out the link you posted, thank you for the support.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac