MSB3030: Could not copy the file "app\app.js" because it was not found. [D:\temp\4e4xwm3k.uq5\input\Blog.FrontEnd\Blog.FrontEnd.csproj]

jhoppe

13 Jul, 2016 06:58 PM

1) Is it possible to download my source code from AppHarbor? I'm having trouble identifying what's broken on my HoppeUAT.apphb.com site (as compared to my Hoppe site. It would be helpful if I could download the source of the two and compare.

2) Can you help me identify why commit 98b3918c is failing on HoppeUAT? I don't know why the build is failing with errors like the below. There is no app.js... AppHarbor should be compiling my TypeScript to JS files. And all files should compile to build/build.js.

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v11.0\WebApplications\Microsoft.WebApplication.targets(182,5): error MSB3030: Could not copy the file "app\app.js" because it was not found. [D:\temp\4e4xwm3k.uq5\input\Blog.FrontEnd\Blog.FrontEnd.csproj]

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by rune on 15 Jul, 2016 07:14 AM

Hi,

1. Not sure what you mean? The source code is what you push to AppHarbor in the first place so you should just be able to clone the repository? :-)
    2. Yep I took a look at the build logs and suspect the issue is related to the Build Action property for the relevant TypeScript file -- it should be set to `TypeScriptCompile in order for the file to be compiled and copied to the output directory. You can find an example that works on AppHarbor here.

New TypeScript files have the Build Action set to TypeScriptCompile by default when adding a new TypeScript file using the VS2015 templates. Did you add the files in a different way or using another editor? If you added it with VS2015 I think the reason it's missing may just be that the project needs to be saved after adding the file (and the change committed of course).

Best,
    Rune

2. 2 Posted by jhoppe on 20 Jul, 2016 03:00 PM

Hi Rune,

1. Here are a couple use cases for this feature:
    - Developer for gets to label build, and has multiple check ins since the last release (my case)
    - See build output to troubleshoot why build may be failing
    - Developer doesn't check latest code into source control
    - Other build tools, like Jenkins, have this feature

2. I did update my build actions as per your suggestion, which resolved this issue. I'll post another one though :)

Thanks!
    Joe

3. 3 Posted by jhoppe on 20 Jul, 2016 03:06 PM

My mistake. For #2, I probably did have to make that change, but then found the source of the issue to be the following tsconfig.json
        {
          "outFile": "./build/build.js"

Build e3dd968f does not have this setting, and it works. In build 9db6ac25, I added the setting and the build fails with the following errors:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v11.0\WebApplications\Microsoft.WebApplication.targets(182,5): error MSB3030: Could not copy the file "app\app.js" because it was not found. [D:\temp\rad2uffc.pci\input\Blog.FrontEnd\Blog.FrontEnd.csproj]
             C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v11.0\WebApplications\Microsoft.WebApplication.targets(182,5): error MSB3030: Could not copy the file "app\mocks.js" because it was not found. [D:\temp\rad2uffc.pci\input\Blog.FrontEnd\Blog.FrontEnd.csproj]
             C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v11.0\WebApplications\Microsoft.WebApplication.targets(182,5): error MSB3030: Could not copy the file "app\references.js" because it was not found. [D:\temp\rad2uffc.pci\input\Blog.FrontEnd\Blog.FrontEnd.csproj]
             C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v11.0\WebApplications\Microsoft.WebApplication.targets(182,5): error MSB3030: Could not copy the file "app\run.js" because it was not found. [D:\temp\rad2uffc.pci\input\Blog.FrontEnd\Blog.FrontEnd.csproj]

Why does this fail the build? Does AppHarbor not support this feature? This does work when building in VS2015. My CSPROJ settings are the same as your sample project.

Thanks!
    Joe

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by rune on 21 Jul, 2016 01:19 AM

Hi,

Ok I understand that there's a need for the feature, but I still don't understand what the feature is -- sorry if I'm missing something obvious. You mentioned that you wanted to see the source code; but you can already do that. Either you have the source code in your local repository, or you can just clone it from the built-in AppHarbor git repo (or another code hosting service that you may integrate with).

I think what you're referring to may be the ability to download the build artifact. When a build is successful you can already download the build artifact output by the app. Also, you can always inspect the build log at various stages by clicking the "Show Log" link next to the log entry on the build's page.

Hope you'll bear with me while I try and understand what features you're missing :-)

Best,
    Rune

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AppHarbor please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac