403 Error after deploying successfully

pedroAllmeida

30 Jun, 2016 03:07 PM

Hello.

I've been trying to deploy an application in AppHarbor and after deploy finishing correctly I get the 403 error when accessing the application url (http://dawapp.apphb.com/). My application is not an MVC one, is simply a command line app with nuget packages installed like OWIN and stuff to help building a web API.

I've seen some questions in the forum related to this error as well but none were helpful. Some insight would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Gabriel.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by rune on 01 Jul, 2016 03:14 PM

Hi Gabriel,

The application would currently need to be able to run under IIS, so that might be the reason you're experiencing this issue. However, usually such apps don't create a website in the _PublishedWebsites directory -- have you tried downloading the build artifact from the build log page and inspect it to ensure that all the necessary files are there? The app might be compatible but missing some files (looks like there are no Web.config and Global.asax files).

Also, take a look at my comment in this discussion -- you can probably make the app IIS-friendly by using the OWIN handler for it.

There are also a couple of upcoming updates to the build/hosting infrastructure that may help running commandline/self-hosted OWIN apps run on the platform. The updates are primarily being deployed to allow hosting the new .NET Core and Roslyn applications, but will likely make it easier to run OWIN apps as well.

Best,
    Rune

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AppHarbor please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac