BableBandel

noy20052

22 Jun, 2016 03:08 PM

Hi,

I try to use BableBundle, but the build fails
I get:
"Could not load file or assembly 'ClearScriptV8-32.DLL' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found"

From what i got in stackoverflow, I have this
--------
This is a common error when you don't have the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 or above installed on the hosting server

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30679
--------
Please help Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by rune on 23 Jun, 2016 01:38 PM

Hi,

The C++ redistributable is actually installed on the servers, so I think the issue is likely related to a missing dependency. Have you checked your build log to verify that the assembly is copied to the web project's output directory? Another customer had issues using this library a while back, and I think the clearscript files needs to be copied to the bin directory.

If you could point me to a failing build I'd also be happy to take a look and see if this is the problem here as well.

Best,
    Rune

2. 2 Posted by Richard on 04 Sep, 2016 02:24 AM

Good afternoon,

I am having a similar issue with build Id 1c5fafd63bbedf34959d2bc2a39b0c82ac2db0a6.

I added a prebuild script which appears to copy the clearScript dlls to the bin directory

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by rune on 05 Sep, 2016 11:17 AM

Hi,

Yes it looks like the files are copied to the output directory, but I suspect they may not be copied to the expected folder. What folders are the binaries located in when you run the app locally? The issue could also be caused by other missing dependencies -- if that's the case I'd look for runtime dependencies as the build and compilation steps seems to work as expected.

Best,
    Rune

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AppHarbor please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac