WatiN/SpecFlow testing

thenathanjones

23 May, 2011 02:43 AM

Hi all,

I'm new to AppHarbor and to be honest new to web stuff in .NET. I'm doing some BDD as part of my app development, using SpecFlow, WatiN and by virtue NUnit. Everything runs fine locally, but I get the following error when the tests run as part of a deployment:
Given I am on the home page -> error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {0002DF01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 800703fa Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703FA).

Everything worked fine before I got the WatiN tests included, that particular step just directs the browser to navigate to the root path. Ideally obviously it'd be nice to have the capability to run them. Conversely, given how long they take, and that I run all my tests locally before deploying, omitting them is probably acceptable also initially. If that's the case, what is the recommended way of achieving this? Any advice would be appreciated, as because the build fails, even though the actual application code will run, I can't promote the app to the running version.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Nathan

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by friism on 23 May, 2011 05:56 AM

Depending on how your WatiN tests are implemented, they are unlikely to work correctly when being run as part of the AppHarbor deployment. This is becase the web site that is about to be deployed is not yet deployed when unit tests are run.

Let us know if you have more questions.

2. 2 Posted by thenathanjones on 23 May, 2011 05:58 AM

Cheers for the reply. In that case then, what is the preferred way to disable running tests as part of a deployment?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by friism on 23 May, 2011 06:06 AM

I would recommend that you moved the troublesome tests to a separate project and create and additinal solution file called AppHarbor.sln that excludes that project. If AppHarbor encounters multiple solution files, we build the one called AppHarbor.sln (if it exists).

4. friism closed this discussion on 23 May, 2011 06:06 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AppHarbor please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac