Suddenly seeing errors writing to temp storage

iderdik

03 Jul, 2020 02:20 AM

I've started seeing this error:
HttpException: The current identity (IP-AC1B00E6\apphb02447b7e917489) does not have write access to 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files'.]
   at System.Web.HttpRuntime.SetUpCodegenDirectory(CompilationSection compilationSection)
   at System.Web.HttpRuntime.HostingInit(HostingEnvironmentFlags hostingFlags, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException)

I haven't changed the code recently so I'm not sure why it's happening. If I disable and then re-enable writing to disk in the control panel, the error goes away for a bit but then comes back. Any idea what's going on?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by rune on 06 Jul, 2020 04:53 AM

Hi,

Not sure exactly what's going on here as there haven't been any recent changes that'd affect write access to the temporary directory, but the app shouldn't be (and haven't been) able to write files to that directory (e.g. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files). The temp directory for your app is configured when your app is deployed, and the directory is always in the user account directory for the worker being deployed.

I see that your app was last redeployed a few months back, so I'm assuming it's not related to a recent code change as you said, but can you perhaps let me know when you started seeing this error?

Best,
    Rune

2. 2 Posted by iderdik on 06 Jul, 2020 01:36 PM

I started seeing this error last week on July 1st. I had not deployed a new version of the code for several months. When I re-deploy an older version (clicking (deploy) in the console) the error subsides for a few hours but then returns.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AppHarbor please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac