Working example of .NET Core console app running as background worker

bamfbamf

29 Oct, 2019 08:51 PM

Hello,

As title says, does anybody could share some bare bone example that actually works (loop that just outputs to console)? Preferably with multiple projects referenced from main one.

I tried to follow some suggestions I found here and modify my own project, but nothing worked. While I didn't get any compilation error, it never runs. Seems that I'm missing something obvious, because it looks that some people here successfully deployed them.

I tried following:
https://support.appharbor.com/discussions/problems/94358-are-net-core-console-apps-supported
https://support.appharbor.com/discussions/problems/92062-support-for-net-core-20

The only success I had was running standard .NET framework :(

1. 1 Posted by bamfbamf on 29 Oct, 2019 09:56 PM

OK. You may want to wait with any answers. I just managed to make bare bone project running.

But I'm getting this error once in a while:

app worker.1 ProcessManager: Started "apphost.exe"
    app worker.1 apphost.exe: This executable is not bound to a managed DLL to execute. The binding value is: 'c3ab8ff13720e8ad9047dd39466b3c8974e592c2fa383d4a3960714caef0c4f2'
    app worker.1 apphost.exe: A fatal error was encountered. This executable was not bound to load a managed DLL.
    app worker.1 apphost.exe:
    app worker.1 apphost.exe:
    app worker.1 ProcessManager: Process "apphost.exe" was terminated with exit code "-2147450731"
    app worker.1 ProcessManager: Restarting 'apphost.exe' in 160 seconds

But main .exe process is running OK. So it seems that's some additional .exe that is produced.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AppHarbor please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac