Video not found

ToniTurek

30 Aug, 2019 09:21 AM

Dear support team,

In my app, I want to embed a video. I'm tried this in the following ways:
<video controls="controls">
  <source src="~/Content/Video/video.mp4" type="video/mp4">
  <source src="~/Content/Video/video.ogg" type="video/ogg">
  Your browser does not support the video tag.
</video>

and:
<iframe src="Content/Video/video.mp4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It always gives the error that the file cannot be found. I checked the appharbor file system and the video file is present. I also checked the visual studio setting and they are marked as Content. Also, they are committed to the repository.
I tried also with a test video I downloaded from the internet but this also failes with the same error.

Since I am able to show pictures, I wounder if there is a special trick for videos?
Can you please help?

Thanks,
Jan

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by rune on 02 Sep, 2019 03:58 AM

Hi Jan,

I can see that the file is indeed being copied to the output directory correctly, so you probably just need to configure the mp4 mime type. Take a look at my answer in this discussion for information on how to configure that.

Best,
    Rune

2. 2 Posted by ToniTurek on 03 Sep, 2019 05:40 AM

Rune,
    that has fixed the problem, thank you!
    Jan

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by rune on 04 Sep, 2019 02:40 AM

Hi Jan,

Good to hear that fixed it, let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Best,
    Rune

4. rune closed this discussion on 04 Sep, 2019 02:40 AM.

5. ToniTurek re-opened this discussion on 04 Sep, 2019 10:13 AM

6. 4 Posted by ToniTurek on 04 Sep, 2019 10:13 AM

Rune,
    Furthermore, I'm only wondering if I can read the output of the "git describe" command similar to the commit id which I'm reading with: System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings["appharbor.commit_id"]

Cheers,
    Jan

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by rune on 07 Sep, 2019 05:55 PM

Hi Jan,

We only write the commit ID stored as part of the branch and commit information on the build entry available, and that's independent of the version control system used -- we could potentially expand the API to allow for more descriptive commit information (which could then in turn be integrated with AppHarbor's git repository hosting/deployments). Would be curious to hear you use case for including this information so we can take that into consideration?

Best,
    Rune

8. 6 Posted by ToniTurek on 23 Sep, 2019 01:57 PM

Hi Rune,

sorry for the late reply, I was on holiday for a few weeks...

I use to use at least two branches in my git repository. The master and the develop branch. When I merge the develop branch into the master, I tag the new commit on the master branch with a new incremented version number. Afterwards, I merge back the master into the develop branch. When I then use the command "git describe" on the master branch, I get the current version number. When I use it on the develop branch, I get the version number plus the number of added commits on the develop branch as an appendix to the version number. This behaviour makes it possible to directly indicate two things when using the "git describe" command:
    1.: If I only see a version number, I know I'm on the master branch and this is a stable version
    2.: If I see an appendix to the version number, I know I'm on the develop branch and also how many steps in front of the stable version (which works like an additional version number level)

So e.g. if I have the last commit on the master branch tagged "v1.0.0" and I have two more commits on the develop branch I (for example) get "v1.0.0-2-gabc123".

Hope my explanation was clear!

Regards,
    Jan

9. 7 Posted by ToniTurek on 24 Sep, 2019 08:55 AM

I forgot to say: Of corse I want to show the current version number in my app.

Regards,
    Jan

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AppHarbor please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac