Plasma tests - what directory (relative to the site) do the tests run in?

mrshrinkray

05 Aug, 2012 10:19 AM

I'm trying to run some Plasma (https://github.com/dansweeting/plasma) tests on the appharbor application I have. Plasma needs you to specify the root directory of your site, so that it can run inside the same app domain as the tests.

Is it possible to do this?

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by rune on 05 Aug, 2012 11:31 PM

Hi,

If you download the build output of one of your builds you can see the relative path. We run unit tests in the root folder, and the website is located in `{Rootfolder}_PublishedWebsites{WebsiteProjectName}.

Hope this helps and let us know if you can make it work!

Best,
    Rune

2. rune closed this discussion on 05 Aug, 2012 11:31 PM.

3. mrshrinkray re-opened this discussion on 19 Aug, 2012 07:52 PM

4. 3 Posted by mrshrinkray on 19 Aug, 2012 07:52 PM

I don't think they're going to run unfortunately, Plasma uses the .NET framework folder to compile the temp files:

The current identity (IP-0A56D150\apphb3f37ec1d56cc478) does not have write access to 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files

If you have any ideas how to massage Plasma to get it running that'd be good, it's at https://github.com/jennifersmith/plasma. It makes a very nice testing tool for website tests that don't require UI/Javascript interactions, i.e. regression testing.

5. Support Staff 4 Posted by rune on 20 Aug, 2012 09:37 AM

Hi,

Yeah unfortunately we cannot allow write-access to that folder. I'm wondering if it'd be possible for you to configure the temp directory, so it's not written to that folder?

Best,
    Rune

6. 5 Posted by mrshrinkray on 20 Aug, 2012 10:50 AM

Is it possible to explicitly set the "<compilation tempDirectory=" setting on Appharbor? I can see from the build definition the bin folder has a number of precompiled views in there already.

7. Support Staff 6 Posted by friism on 21 Aug, 2012 11:47 PM

We're working on adding support for this. We're already modifying the relevant value, but the valid tempDirectory is removed just before unit tests are run.

Michael

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac